Friday, June 11, 2010

Aloha Friday



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."

To participate, you ask your readers a question and then sign Kailani's Mister Linky with your Aloha Friday post.

So answer my question then go and head over to An Island Life and answer her question.

My Question:

Would you consider yourself a good cook?

I think that I am pretty good. Not the best but good enough. I don't get to cook much anymore because my wife likes to cook (yes she does, she got her education degree from a culinary school).  I have made different kinds of cookies, and other desserts.  I can make a pizza from scratch and quite a few other meals.  I think if I have a recipe I could follow it and come up with a pretty good meal, I am not good enough to know alterations like to taste stuff.

Don't forget to enter in the giveaways I have.

8 comments:

Catherine L. said...

Yes, I'm a pretty good cook and love to cook. Now baking that's another story...

Stacy Uncorked said...

Yes, I would consider myself a good cook. I learned from a very young age from my great-grandmother who was an awesome cook! I wish my hubby knew how to cook even the stuff you do - I'd recruit him once in a while! ;)

Aloha Friday Follow: Bread Storage

Auntie E said...

Yes, I have since my marriage of 32 years, been able to cook a meal from a somewhat empty pantry. we had some hard times in the beginning and we had to eat. So my cooking skills were tested. We made it and now I am always cooking up something new.
visit my Kitchen to view some of my recipes.
Here's your link to my Aloha Friday Post.

Rach said...

I don't tend to cook a lot, but I can cook when I feel inspred to!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Not really sure. I am lucky and my hubby (TechyDad) likes to cook and pretty much does all of it for our family.

I am Harriet said...

I haven't killed anyone yet....I think :)

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/whats-your-tv-vice-how-about-a-friday-hop-or-2-or-more/

Anonymous said...

I consider myself a decent cook but my hubby is the real cook in the family. He's a natural.

Happy Aloha Friday!

~Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com/2010/06/aloha-friday.html

Anonymous said...

I think I can make a good meal. My sister is the one with the creative cooking talent.